Lingfang Zeng was awarded the PhD degree in Computer Architecture from the Huazhong University of Science and Technology in China. The supervisor is Prof. Dan Feng. He was Research Fellow for 4 years in Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore, during 2007~2008 and 2010~2013, advised by Dr. Bharadwaj Veeravalli.
Research interests mainly include (1) Large-scale storage system, (2) Data Center Technology, (3) Storage security & service, and (4) Ubiquitous Location-Aware Computing.
2009 - Now: Associate Professor,
School of Computer Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
2009 - Now: Associate Professor,
Wuhan National Lab for Optoelectronics
2010 –2013: Research Fellow, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore
2007 - 2008:Research Fellow, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore
2006 - 2009: Lecturer,School of Computer Science and Technology,Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Publications (Most Recent)
1. Dan Feng and Lingfang Zeng, Patent data analysis of information storage technology (Chinese), Publisher: Intellectual Property Publishing House Co., Ltd.; ISBN 978-7-5130-3806-5, 2016.(冯丹,曾令仿.信息存储技术专利数据分析.知识产权出版社.2016.)
1. Lingfang Zeng, Bharadwaj Veeravalli, and Yang Wang, Cloud Data Management, Encyclopedia of Cloud Computing, edited by by San Murugesan and Irena Bojanova, Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition, ISBN: 978-1-118-82197-8, February 29, 2016.
2. Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Lingfang Zeng, and Xiaorong Li, On the Design of a Budget Conscious Adaptive Scheduler for Handling Large-Scale Many-task Workflow Applications in Clouds, Large Scale Network-centric Distributed Systems, edited by Hamid Sarbazi-Azad and Albert Y. Zomaya, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., ISBN: 9780470936887, 2013.
1. Lingfang Zeng, Yang Wang, Dan Feng, and Kenneth B. Kent, XCollOpts: A Novel Improvement of Network Virtualization in Xen for I/O-Latency Sensitive Applications on Multicores, IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, Vol 12, Issue 2, pp.163-175, 2015.
2. Lingfang Zeng, Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Albert Y. Zomaya, An Integrated Task Computation and Data Management Scheduling Strategy for Workflow Applications in Cloud Environments, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Vol.50, Issue 4, pp.39-48, April 2015.
3. Lingfang Zeng, Chao Jin, Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Dan Feng, HR6TAP: A Hybrid RAID6 Storage Architecture Tracking Data to Any Point-in-time for Enterprise Applications, Journal of Information Science and Engineering, Vol.31, Issue 2, pp.547-572, 2015.
4. Lingfang Zeng, Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Xiaorong Li, SABA: A Security-Aware and Budget-Aware Work flow Scheduling Strategy in Clouds, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Vol.75, Issue 1, pp.141-151, January 2015.
5. Lingfang Zeng, Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Qingsong Wei, Space4time: Optimization Latency-Sensitive Content Service in Cloud, Journal of Network and Computer Applications,Vol. 41, Issue 5, pp.358-368, May 2014.
6. Lingfang Zeng, Yang Wang, Optimization on Content Service with Local Search in Cloud of Clouds, Journal of Network and Computer Applications,Vol.40, Issue 4, pp.206-215, April 2014.
7. Lingfang Zeng, Shibin Chen, Qingsong Wei,Dan Feng, SeDas: A Self-destructing Data System based on Active Storage Framework, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 49, No. 6, pp.2548-2554, June 2013.
8. Qingsong Wei, Lingfang Zeng, Jianxi Chen, and Cheng Chen, A Popularity-Aware Buffer Management to Improve Buffer Hit Ratio and Write Sequentiality for Solid State Drive, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 49, Issue 6, pp.2786-2793, June 2013.
9. Lingfang Zeng, Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Qingsong Wei, and Dan Feng, SeWDReSS: On the Design of an Application Independent, Secure, Wide-area Disaster Recovery Storage System, Multimedia tools and applications. Vol. 58, Issue 3, pp.543-568, 2012.
10. Bo Mao, Hong Jiang, Lei Tian, Suzhen Wu, Dan Feng, Jianxi Chen, and Lingfang Zeng, HPDA: A Hybrid Parity-based Disk Array for Enhanced Performance and Reliability, ACM Transactions on Storage, Vol. 8, Issue 1, February 2011.
11. Lanxiang Chen, Dan Feng, Yu Zhang, Lingfang Zeng, and Zhongying Niu, Integrating FPGA/ASIC into cryptographic storage systems to avoid re-encryption, International Journal of Parallel, Emergent and Distributed Systems, pp.105-122, Vol. 25, Issue 2, 2010.
1. Lingfang Zeng, Binbing Hou, Dan Feng, Kenneth B. Kent, SJM: an SCM-based Journaling Mechanism with Write Reduction for File Systems,Proc. of the 2015 International Workshop on Data-Intensive Scalable Computing Systems (DISCS, held in conjunction with SC15: The International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis), Austin TX, USA, 2015. (Accepted)
2. Yawar Bangash, Lingfang Zeng, Dan Feng, MimiBS: Mimicking Base-Station to Provide Location Privacy Protection in Wireless Sensor Networks, Proc. of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Networking, Architecture and Storage (NAS), pp.158-166, 2015.
3. Lingfang Zeng, Yang Wang, Dan Feng, CloudSky: A Controllable Data Self-Destruction System for Untrusted Cloud Storage Networks, 15th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid), pp.352-361, 2015.
4. Lingfang Zeng, Yang Wang, Wei Shi, Dan Feng, An Improved Xen Credit Scheduler for I/O Latency-Sensitive Applications on Multicores, in Proc. of the International Conference on Cloud Computing and Big Data (CloudCom-Asia), December 16-19, 2013.
5. Yang Wang, Wei Shi and Lingfang Zeng, Adaptive Search-based Service Migration with Virtual Moves in Clouds for Mobile Accesses, in Proc. of 6th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC), Dresden, Germany, December 9-12, 2013.
6. Lingfang Zeng, Dan Feng, Bo Mao, Jianxi Chen, Qingsong Wei, Wenguo Liu, HerpRap: A Hybrid Array Architecture Providing Any Point-in-time Data Tracking for Datacenter, in Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing (CLUSTER), pp.311-319, 2012.
7. Lingfang Zeng, Dan Feng, Jianxi Chen, Qingsong Wei, Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Wenguo Liu, HRAID6ML: A Hybrid RAID6 Storage Architecture with Mirrored Logging, in Proc. of the 28th IEEE Conference on Massive Data Storage (MSST), April 16-20, Pacific Grove, CA, 2012.
8. Lingfang Zeng, Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Xiaorong Li, ScaleStar: Budget Conscious Scheduling Precedence-Constrained Many-task Workflow Applications in Cloud, in Proc. of the 26th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA), pp.534-541, Fukuoka, Japan, March 26-29, 2012.
9. Lingfang Zeng, Zhan Shi, Shengjie Xu, Dan Feng, SafeVanish: An Improved Data Self-Destruction for Protecting Data Privacy, in Proc. of the IEEE Second International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CloudCom), pp.521-528, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, Nov. 30 2010-Dec. 3, 2010.
Funded Projects (From 2004)
PI: "Research on Key Techniques of Cold Storage System based on Solid State Disk and Shingled Write Disk", Natural Science Foundation of Hubei Province (2015CFB192)
PI: "Research on Real-Time Location Middleware and Its Application for Data Center Operation ", Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities, HUST: 2014QN009
PI: "Research on Key Technologies of High availability for Big Data Storage Systems", Huawei Innovation Research Program (IRP-2013-08-08), supported by Huawei Technologies Co. (Evaluation: Excellence)
PI: "Research on the Key Technologies of Data Secure Delete for Cloud Storage", Natural Science Foundation of Hubei Province (2013CFB150) (Evaluation: Excellence)
Key Member (Rank No.1): 2011CB302301 (Topic 1), "Basic Research on Data Storage System Theory and Technology for Complex Application Environment", National Basic Research 973 Program of China,2011CB302300, 2011-2015, Chief Scientist: Prof. Dan Feng
PI: "Data Center Technology", HUST Postgraduate Education Reform Funds
Member:"Cloud Computing Key Support Software R&D and Industrialization (Cloud Storage Service) ", Electronic Development Fund of Information Industry Ministry of China (2011102474771397, Collaborator: Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.)
Member: "Storage Virtualization Software Development and Industrialization", National Key Technology R&D Program of the Ministry of Science and Technology (2011BAH04B02,Collaborator: Inspur Group Co.,Ltd.)
Research Fellow:"Reliable and Adaptive MapReduce-Enabled Cloud Platform for Workflow Data Analytics Services (DVCS)", A*STAR SERC, Singapore, 102 158 0036, 2010-2013, PI: Dr. Bharadwaj Veeravalli
PI: "Research on Multi-dimensional Metadata Structure and Fast Query Approach in Large-scale Storage System", National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), 2008-2010
PI: "Distributed Storage System Technology", Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., 2009-2010
PI: "The Development of Snapshot Software", United Information Technology Co.,Ltd., 2009-2010
Research Fellow: "Design, Implementation and Management of a High Performance Object-Based Storage and Retrieval System for Large Scale Multimedia Applications", A*STAR SERC, Singapore,102 158 0036, 2005-2008, PI: Dr. Bharadwaj Veeravalli
Member: "Research on Organization and Key Technologies of Storage Systems on the Next Generation Internet", National Basic Research 973 Program of China, 2004-2009, 2004CB318200, Chief Scientist: Prof. Dan Feng. (Evaluation: Excellence)
Member (Rank No.2): "Research on Key Technologies for Mass Storage System", National High Technology Research and Development 863 Program of China,2009AA01A401, PI: Prof. Fang Wang
Key Member: "Information Storage Systems and Technology", Changjiang Scholars and Innovative Research Team in University Program of the Ministry of Education, 2008-2010, PI: Prof. Dan Feng
PI: "Research on Storage Active Service Mechanism and Key Technologies", National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC),60603048, 2007.
Member: "Storage Backup and Recovery Software",Wuhan Histor Information Storage Co.,Ltd. (one of the enterprise of Huagong Technology Industry Co., Ltd. (Securities code: 000988)), 2006-2007, PI: Prof. Jinglin Liu
Member: "Software Refactoring for Integrated RAID", Wuhan Histor Information Storage Co.,Ltd., 2007, PI: Prof. Fang Wang
Member: "Startup Card Technology Development for Integrated RAID", Wuhan Histor Information Storage Co.,Ltd., 2006, PI: Dr. Wei Tong
Member: "Research on the Pipelining Processing Mechanism for I/O Request", National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), 60303032, 2004-2006, PI: Prof. Fang Wang
1. Method for garbage collection of solid-state disk based on data lifetime, CN201510669659.0
2. Performance improvement method based on collaboration for SSD storage system, CN201510355787.8
3. A Shared Storage for Virtual Clusters, CN201410274162.4
4. Secure data deletion system and method without the support of trusted third party, ZL201310571425.3
5. A safe and effective method to build a solid-state disk, 201310408367.2
6. A performance acceleration and reliability improvement method for mixed RAID6, ZL201210087523.5
7. A scheduling control method for Xen virtual machine in multi-core environments, ZL201110172852.5
8. Dynamic Failure Detector in the Dual-Controller RAID Storage System, ZL200910060553.5
9. Method of the RAID Reconstruction, ZL200810236904.9
10. A New Algorithm for the RAID Reconstruction, ZL200810047977.3
11. A data disaster recovery system in WAN environment, 200810047680.7
12. A method for improving write response time of write-on-copy snapshot, ZL200710053650.2
13. A method suit to data reconstruction for RAID, ZL200610124981.6
14. a large-capacity virtual disk storage systems, ZL200610018831.7
15. An extensible object-based storage system and its control method, ZL200510019166.9
Awards and Honors
1. "Active object-based massive storage system and technology", The First-class Technological Invention Award, Hubei Province, China, 2011.
2. Advisor Award for Excellent Undergraduate Thesis in Hubei Province, 2010.
3. "HUSt: A Best Practice of Heterogeneous Unified Storage System for GIS Grid", IEEE/ACM SuperComputing: HPC Storage Challenge, Finalist Award,2006.
4. Excellent Graduate Student Award, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2004.
5. China Petroleum Scholarship, 2002.